Re: Proposal: json_populate_record and nested json objects

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Proposal: json_populate_record and nested json objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/16/2013 09:57 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

> > On 16 September 2013 at 14:43 Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Huge +1 on on this. Couple random thoughts:
> >
> > *) Hard to see how you would structure this as an extension as you're
> > adjusting the behaviors of existing functions, unless you wanted to
> > introduce new function names for testing purposes?
> Yeah, and reading the source, it looks like some parts of the JSON
> parsing code will have to be rewritten because the nested object
> errors are thrown quite deeply in the parsing stage.  It looks to me
> as if this will require some significant copying as a POC into a new
> file with different publicly exposed function names.

I don't believe any of the parsing code should require changing at all.
The event handlers that the parser calls would need to be changed. If
you're at PostgresOpen you should be attending my talk which includes an
example of how to use this API.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: record identical operator
Сообщение: Re: record identical operator