Re: record identical operator

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: record identical operator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/16/2013 04:01 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Lots of people were bitten when (undocumented) hash
>> functions were changed thus breaking hash-based partitioning.
> Nobody can be affected by the new operators in this patch unless
> they choose to use them to compare two records.  They don't work
> for any other type and they don't come into play unless you
> specifically request them.
What I meant is that rather than leave it really undocumented,
document it as "system function for specific usage, has caveats
and may change in future versions. use at your own risk and
make sure you know what you are doing"

PostgreSQL has good enough introspection features that people
tend to find functions and operators using psql-s \d ...

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: record identical operator
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Improve setup for documentation building with FOP