Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 8, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> On 10/8/05, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This basically means that InnoDB table support must come out of the
>> commercial MySQL.
>
> For that matter, I'm not sure they can release MySQL under a
> commercial license while incorporating 3rd party GPL works, without
> the express permission of the copyright holders for those included
> works.
>
> Whatever deal they used to have just got changed, that's for sure.
>
> -- Mitch

All of which seems to beg the question: why did not MySQL buy
Innobase themselves? As far as I've read, the terms of the
transaction were not disclosed. I guess it's possible that MySQL
didn't have the financial reach to pull off the deal.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™