Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?
Дата
Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?
Список pgsql-performance
All,

We've confirmed that this issue is caused by having long-running idle
transactions on the server.  When we disabled their queueing system
(which prodiced hour-long idle txns), the progressive slowness went away.

Why that should affect 9.X far more strongly than 8.4, I'm not sure
about.  Does that mean that 8.4 was unsafe, or that this is something
which *could* be fixed in later versions?

I'm also confused as to why this would affect BIND time rather than
EXECUTE time.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.