Re: improve Chinese locale performance

От Quan Zongliang
Тема Re: improve Chinese locale performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/23/2013 09:42 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> (Replying on phone, please forgive bad quoting)
>
> Isn't this pretty much what adopting ICU is supposed to give us? OS-independent collations?
>
> I'd be interested in seeing the rest data for this performance report, partly as I'd like to see how ICU collations
wouldcompare when ICU is crudely hacked into place for testing.

I think of a new idea.
Add a compare method column to pg_collation.
Every collation has its own compare function or null.
When function varstr_cmp is called, if specified collation
has compare function, call it instead of strcoll().

How about this?

Regards.

Quan Zongliang

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: strange IS NULL behaviour
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: [tiny doc fix] statistics are not retained across immediate shutdown