Re: LATERAL, UNNEST and spec compliance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LATERAL, UNNEST and spec compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> SELECT ... FROM a WHERE a.x IN (SELECT ... FROM b, srf(y) WHERE ...)

> Actually, this appears to fail already, at least in 9.2.2:

> => select * from (values (1)) v(a) where v.a in (select x from (values (2)) v2(a),
> ->                     generate_series(1,a) x);
> ERROR:  function expression in FROM cannot refer to other relations of same query level
> LINE 2:                     generate_series(1,a) x);
>                                               ^

Huh ... you're right, I'd forgotten about that.  That's an ancient bug
that got fixed in passing in the LATERAL work.  So, as long as we're not
going to fix that bug in the back branches (which would be difficult
anyway IIRC), we don't have a compatibility problem ...

Сообщение: Re: Question regarding Sync message and unnamed portal
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding Sync message and unnamed portal