Re: stuck spinlock. Aborting. What does this mean?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stuck spinlock. Aborting. What does this mean?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de> writes:
> I looked and found several postgres processes with parent process init
> and *no* postmaster process.

It looks to me like your postmaster crashed because there were no free
file descriptors left in the system:

FATAL 1:  ReleaseLruFile: No open files available to be closed

I believe this would lead to the subsequent errors shown in the log,
because the postmaster would delete the semaphores it owns before
exiting.

The same hypothesis probably explains the peculiar backend-startup
failures earlier in your log:

FATAL 1:  File '/var/lib/pgsql/PG_VERSION' does not exist or no read permission.

Consider increasing your kernel file table size.  An update to PG 7.1
also seems in order...