Re: BUG #8329: UPDATE x SET x.y = x.y + z does not work in PL/pgSQL

От Petr Chmelar
Тема Re: BUG #8329: UPDATE x SET x.y = x.y + z does not work in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

according to the previous thread, can you update the documentation, please:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-math.html
so there is clean what results do you get eg. on "NULL + 1" (and "1 +
NULL"), which gives you null and it is different from sum(x), where it
gives 1 where are NULL and 1 in column x. Probably you should introduce
coalesce() here.

Thank you,

Petr