Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL

От Alex Ignatov
Тема Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Дата
Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 28.07.2016 19:43, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>>   Oh, so in contrast to "Oracle world"  "Postgres world" DBA in their right
>> to do major upgrade without complete and tested backup?
>> Ok,  I understand you. In Postgres world there always sky is blue and sun is
>> shining.
> Of course we have backups. But we also have slony. So we CAN go back
> and forth between latest and previous without a restore.

And? Oracle and MySql doesnt have it but can downgrade right out the
box. Quick and easy.

Alex Ignatov
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Uber migrated from Postgres to MySQL