Re: performance problems with bulk inserts/updates on tsrange with gist-based exclude constrains

От Chris Withers
Тема Re: performance problems with bulk inserts/updates on tsrange with gist-based exclude constrains
Дата
Re: performance problems with bulk inserts/updates on tsrange with gist-based exclude constrains  (Chris Withers <chris@withers.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 16/09/2016 15:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> writes:
>> On 16/09/2016 14:54, Igor Neyman wrote:
>>> So, what is the value for "end ts", when the record is inserted (the range just started)?
>
>> It's open ended, so the period is [start_ts, )
>
> I've not looked at the GiST range opclass, but I would not be surprised if
> having lots of those is pretty destructive to the index's ability to be
> selective about && searches.

If that's so, that's a little disappointing...
(I'd have thought the special case end value (open ended) and the ending
type (inclusive/exclusive) would just be sentinel values)

How would I verify your suspicions?

cheers,

Chris