Re: Crazy hard time getting up and running

От Tovo Rabemanantsoa
Тема Re: Crazy hard time getting up and running
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 08/05/2013 10:49 AM, Kinnard Hockenhull wrote:
> "Is the server really running ? Is it running locally or remotely ?"
> It was running locally.
> turns out I needed to modify postgresql.conf
> I needed to uncomment 'listenaddresses' and 'port'
> I couldn't find postgresql.conf
>

> Why would these be commented out by default?
I suppose that they are commented to ensure that admin reads the conf
file and customize it.
So, if it runs, and assuming that your're running a linux box, do you
have the process running (listed by ps) ?
What about the result of netstat -l ?

От: Kinnard Hockenhull
Сообщение: Re: Crazy hard time getting up and running
От: James David Smith
Сообщение: General 'big data' advice....