Re: really novice with Postgres !

От Jean MAURICE
Тема Re: really novice with Postgres !
Дата
Re: really novice with Postgres !  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Tovo,

I saw there is a view 'tables' that gives the list of the tables. How do we use
a view in Postgres ?
I tried
SELECT * FROM tables;
but the error is something like 'the relation 'tables' doesn't exist' (my
Postgres is in French !)

Best regards

--
Jean MAURICE
Grenoble - France - Europe

Le 02/08/2013 15:01, Tovo Rabemanantsoa a écrit :
> On 08/02/2013 02:51 PM, Jean MAURICE wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have some more questions :
>> Is there a SQL command to
>>   - test if a database exists
>>   - test if a table exists
>>   - get the list of the tables of a database
>>   - get the structure (list of fields) of a table
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Jean MAURICE
>> Grenoble - France - Europe
>> www.j-maurice.fr
>> www.atoutfox.org
>> www.aedtf.org
>>

> Hello Jean,
> With Postgresql, you have something called information schema [1].
> In that, you will find all the informations you need about you
> databases, tables and so on.
> Cheers
>
> [1]http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/information-schema.html

Сообщение: Re: really novice with Postgres !
Сообщение: Re: really novice with Postgres !