Re: Backup throttling

От Antonin Houska
Тема Re: Backup throttling
Дата
Re: Backup throttling  (Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
cite="mid:20130731071336.1491c25b@linse.fritz.box"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Hi,

That is a really nice feature.</pre></blockquote> I don't pretend it's my idea, I just coded it. My boss proposed the
featureas such :-)<br /><blockquote cite="mid:20130731071336.1491c25b@linse.fritz.box" type="cite"><pre wrap="">I took
afirst look at your patch and some empty lines you added (e.g. line 60 your patch). Can you remove

them?
cite="mid:20130731071336.1491c25b@linse.fritz.box"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Why did you move localGetCurrentTimestamp() into streamutil.c? Is sys/time.h still needed in receivelog.c after the
move?
</pre></blockquote> Because both receivelog.c and pg_basebackup.c need it now. I thought I could move
localTimestampDifference()and localTimestampDifferenceExceeds() as well for the sake of consistency (these are actually
utilitiestoo) but I didn't get convinced enough that the feature alone justifies such a change.<br /><br /> As
mentionedin <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130731173624.GX14652@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org">http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130731173624.GX14652@eldon.alvh.no-ip.org</a>
thesefunctions ideally shouldn't have separate implementation at all. However the problem is that pg_basebackup is not
linkedto the backend.<br /><br /> You're right about sys/time.h, it's included via via streamutil.h. I'll fix that
too.<br/><blockquote cite="mid:20130731071336.1491c25b@linse.fritz.box" type="cite"><pre wrap="">

I will try your patch later today to see, if it works.