Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!
Дата
Ответ на Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!  ("Stephen Brearley" <mail@stephenbrearley.name>)
Список pgsql-general
On 07/31/2013 04:28 AM, Stephen Brearley wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> **Thanks for getting back to me**
>

> I would not normally do anything in the Registry, as I am aware that is
> asking for trouble. However, I hadn’t noted that I could specify a data
> location on my original install, so I checked the web and this appeared
> to be the only way to do this for some programs. I edited
> PostgreSQL|Installations|postgresql-9.2|Data Directory and changed the
> default from the C: drive to my folder on the D: drive as
> D:\_SDB\Database\RDBMS\PostgreSQL\9.2\data. This worked fine until I had
> the password problems I mentioned above, and tried to do a reinstall, so
> I don’t think this registry edit is causing the problem.

Actually, per Albans comment it is. The installer is seeing the data
directory on D:\. Might try undoing that registry entry.

The basic problem is you have two instances of a Postgres cluster(one on
C:\ and one on D:\) and one instance of Postgres running with confusing
information on where to find the appropriate cluster(the registry entry,
the recent install information). To make head way on this you need to
unclutter things. Before we go down that path, how important is the data
in the database you initially created?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com