Re: [BUGS] Incorrect response code after XA recovery

От Jeremy Whiting
Тема Re: [BUGS] Incorrect response code after XA recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Tom,
 The driver currently doesn't report back to the calling client (tm)
XAException.XAER_NOTA code as Ondrej and Tom Jenkinson have identified.
Instead it returns XAException.XAER_RMERR. See line 416

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/master/org/postgresql/xa/PGXAConnection.java#416

 which imo is used for general errors in the resource manager.

 I've written a test case that can be pulled into the pgjdbc testsuite
that will make verifying this error easier. It is based on the example
code Tom Jenkinson provided. A pull request has been created which can
be found here...

https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/73

 I am currently coding up a change to the driver in anticipation there
is agreement in the pgjdbc group to change the rollback method. Another
pull request will be created for that. Let's see what discussion and
decision is made by the more active members in pgjdbc.

Regards,
Jeremy