Re: Using md5 authentication

От Philip Poloczek
Тема Re: Using md5 authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
So isn't there any way to directly use a hash as password?
I want to store the password locally as a hash instead of plain text for security reasons.

Am 31.07.2013 09:43, schrieb Athanasios Kostopoulos:
From the manual:
"The password-based authentication methods are md5 and password. These methods operate similarly except for the way that the password is sent across the connection, namely MD5-hashed and clear-text respectively."

so you still have to specify the password and not the hash of it in your .pgpass or manual connection string.