Re: Bison 3.0 updates

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: Bison 3.0 updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I'm toying with the idea of a check_upgrade mode for the buildfarm
> client where it wouldn't do a git pull, but would report changes if the
> build result was different from the previous result. You'd run this
> immediately after pulling new changes into your OS. Other, brighter
> ideas welcome.

Might it be possible for the buildfarm client to query the various tools
(compiler, autotools, flex, bison, perl, shell, etc.) for their version
numbers and report those too? If the config page said "since the last
successful build, these commits have been added, and the compiler is now
tomorrow's snapshot of gcc 4.8.4711", diagnosing a failed build could be
easier.

This could be done either through the usual -V, --version flags or by
asking the host's packaging system, although there are probably too many
of the latter to support.

I would not want to have to implement this, but perhaps the client could
also automatically drop back to the last known good commit if it gets a
failed build immediately after a tool version change.

--
Christian