Odd table ownership for PostgreSQL

От Giles Thomas
Тема Odd table ownership for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi there,

We're installing PostgreSQL to Ubuntu raring machines using the
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ PPA.  Something strange seems
to have happened at some point after 19:39 UTC on 23 July.

Details of the error are here
<http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/47005/postgresql-create-table-creates-with-incorrect-owner>
but to summarise, we're creating a user, creating a database owned by
that user, and then as that user we're creating a table in the
database.  The new table turns out to be owned by user postgres rather
than by the new user.  The new user does not have (but can grant
himself) permissions on the table.

This problem is not present on a machine that installed PostgreSQL from
the PPA at 19:39 UTC on 23 July.  But it is present in one that
installed it at 13:16 UTC on 24 July, and in every machine we've
installed it on since.

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas <giles@pythonanywhere.com>

PythonAnywhere: Develop and host Python from your browser
<http://pythonanywhere.com/>

PythonAnywhere LLP
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number OC378414.
Registered address: 28 Ely Place, 3rd Floor, London EC1N 6TD, UK