Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/25/2013 02:02 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> Josh Berkus escribi�:
>
>> My thought is that people might put postgresql.conf in a directory
>> that only contains configuration files and isn't writeable by the
>> postgres user.  So I would expect to find postgresql.auto.conf in the
>> data directory always.
>
> Yeah, exactly.  I think putting it anywhere but $PGDATA is a bad idea,
> and a sysadmin who thinks he knows better probably doesn't.

Please see Greg Smith's fairly strong arguments for putting it in the
config/ directory.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.