Re: [v9.4] row level security

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: [v9.4] row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/23/13 12:10 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Apparently it's a little much for experienced reviewers to chew on, too,
> since I've been trying to get someone to review it since the beginning
> of the Commitfest.

It's more than the available experienced reviewers are willing to chew
on fully as volunteers.  The reward for spending review time is pretty
low right now.

> While I understand the call for "resources", this is a bit unfair to
> KaiGai, who has put in his time reviewing other people's patches.

If you read Dean Rasheed's comments, it's obvious he put a useful amount
of work into his review suggestions.  It is not the case here that
KaiGai worked on a review and got nothing in return.  Unfortunately that
has happened to this particular patch before, but the community did a
little better this time.

The goal of the CF is usually to reach one of these outcomes for every
submission:

-The submission is ready for commit
-The submission needs improvement in X

Review here went far enough to identify an X to be improved.  It was a
big enough issue that a rewrite is needed, commit at this time isn't
possible, and now KaiGai has something we hope is productive he can
continue working on.  That's all we can really promise here--that if we
say something isn't ready for commit yet, that there's some feedback as
to why.

I would have preferred to see multiple X issues identified here, given
that we know there has to be more than just the one in a submission of
this size.  The rough fairness promises of the CommitFest seem satisfied
to me though.

Сообщение: Re: getting rid of SnapshotNow
Сообщение: Re: getting rid of SnapshotNow