Re: Exporting Table-Specified BLOBs Only?

От Braunstein, Alan
Тема Re: Exporting Table-Specified BLOBs Only?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The reason this is needed from the export/dump side is that the database can become huge due to the number of
datasheetsadded to the database.  These datasheets are not necessary to troubleshoot the setup and, sometimes, the
datasheetsare secure-sensitive.  In either case, they're not necessary when we need a copy of the customer's database
totroubleshoot and they make the transport and import of the database horribly time consuming.

Thanks for the response.  Hopefully this can be addressed one day.

Cheers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Haas [mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:31 AM
To: Braunstein, Alan
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Exporting Table-Specified BLOBs Only?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Braunstein, Alan <alan_braunstein@mentor.com> wrote:
> What do I need?
>
> A method of using pg_dump to selectively export BLOBs with OID’s used
> in the tables specified with --table <table_name1> --table
> <table_name2>

Hmm.  If you take a full backup using pg_dump -Fc, you can then use pg_restore -l and pg_restore -L to find and
selectivelyrestore whatever objects you want; e.g. restore the tables first, then fetch the list of OIDs from the
relevantcolumns and restore those particular blobs.

But I don't think we've got a tool built into core for doing this kind of filtering on the dump side.

--
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company