Re: new instance of postgres on windows

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: new instance of postgres on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/18/2013 3:48 AM, raghu ram wrote:

The password you need to reset is at the operating system level.   To do this on Windows, do the following:

1) Right click on the 'My Computer'  desktop icon  ( or if the icon is not on the desktop, open the start menu and right click on the 'My Computer' menu item)

2) Choose 'Manage' from the pop up menu

3) Expand the 'Local Users and Groups' folder

4) Expand the 'Users' folder

5) On the right hand side of the screen, you will see all the users defined on the system.

6) You can right click on the "postgres" user name and choose 'Set Password' and then change it to something else

OR  You can delete the user and then have the installer recreate the user.

You will need to be logged into the computer as an administrative user to do the above.

which will break the existing install