Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/17/2013 04:30 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> So, an even more practical workaround (I've been using cat | psql), but
>> still a mysterious issue.
>
> As a workaround you might try \e with EDITOR=emacs or some of the other
> solutions you've been pasting, maybe even cat, so that you can switch
> that readline-completion-bug-free environment for just that paste?

Oh, there's lots of good workarounds.  I just wanna know why the bug is
happening in the first place.

(FWIW, I hit this because I'm using a graphical editor for PL/Python
which pipes stuff to the terminal to execute it, and its piping hits the
same issues as paste-from-clipboard)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.