Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue
Дата
Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/17/2013 12:20 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> What happens when you do this with "psql -n" ? My suspicion is it's the
> tab completion code, which I occasionally find it useful to disable this
> way - sadly one can't do that on the fly AFAIK.

Well, that works.  But it disables readline, not just tab completion.

So it's nice that I don't have to *compile* without readline, but we
still have the issue that you can't paste large files and also have
readline.

So, an even more practical workaround (I've been using cat | psql), but
still a mysterious issue.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.