Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Return of "can't paste into psql" issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/17/2013 02:50 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> We've seen this before:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/b42b73150906271019k6212ba71u6263bc43a8ec8e94@mail.gmail.com
>
> I've run across this again, and am posting it here just in case someone
> should be struck by some amazing inspiration on where the problem might
> be. Here's the issue:
>
>    Pasting text blocks over 100 lines into psql running in
>    a terminal causes lines to be arbitrarily truncated, mangling
>    the query or function.

[snip]

> It seems like we're having some kind of bizarre interaction of psql's
> readline/libedit hooks and specific terminals or library versions, but
> darned if I can even figure out where to look.  If anybody has
> inspiration strike, please post!

What happens when you do this with "psql -n" ? My suspicion is it's the
tab completion code, which I occasionally find it useful to disable this
way - sadly one can't do that on the fly AFAIK.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])