Re: a problem about setQueryTimeout is not fixed?

От Tomonari Katsumata
Тема Re: a problem about setQueryTimeout is not fixed?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Dave,

I've tested the new driver(postgresql-9.2-1004.jdbc4.jar).
It worked fine.

My test scenario:
step0. preparing tomcat connection pool environment.
step1. connect to PostgreSQL with pooled connection.
step2. executing setQueryTimeout(5).
step3. executing dummy query(access to non exist table) and get
SQLException.
step4. cotinueously, executing "SELECT pg_sleep(10)".

the result:
- old driver
getting SQLException during step4.
because of timer expired from step2.

- new driver
query of step4 complete without any error.

I'm happy to the new driver be released soon,
but I'm concerning about a quick release make
many users chaos.

Now, you are working for website renewal, rigth?
So, I think it's better to release new driver on
renewal websit.
What do you think of it ?

regards,
--------