Re: unable to call a function

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: unable to call a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/05/2013 12:29 AM, giozh wrote:
> so thanks to all for the answers. But i'm going to be frustrated, no one of
> your solutions seems to work, and i can't understand why, because i've write
> another two functions that works well...
> I always obtain error: or unknown function (if i pass args without ' ') or
> "column not exist".

So does it work if you quote the table_name and table_column names?
Have you changed the data type to varchar?

> i've noticed that on my postgres server, there's two database: one i've
> created for my scope, and another named postgres (i think created by
> default). Maybe should i specify on wich database my function should work
> (also if  function compare only inside my personal database)?

Functions are created per database, To be more precise per schema in a
database. Functions can be overloaded, so it is possible there is more
than one in your database.

To check do the following from the psql propmpt:

  \df check_if_if_exist

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com