Re: Documentation/help for materialized and recursive views

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Documentation/help for materialized and recursive views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/1/13 10:20 AM, David Fetter wrote:
>>> And if you're on Windows, you're Sadly Out of Luck with that.  Is
>>> there an equivalent we could #ifdef in for that platform?
>>
>> If you are using psql on Windows extensively, you probably have one of
>> mingw, cygwin, or pgadmin handy, all of which can get you to the
>> documentation.  I don't think it's worth devising a mechanism for those
>> not covered by this.
>
> With deepest respect, failing to provide documentation to users on our
> widest-deployed platform seems pretty hostile to me.

As I argue above, I don't think this is the widest-deployed platform.
The actual platform in use is either mingw, which has man, or
click-and-drool, which has pgadmin, both of which provide the documentation.

> There was an
> earlier suggestion that we provide URLs, which seems like a decent way
> forward as those environments so locked down as to disallow outbound
> HTTP are pretty rare, and non-networked computers are even more rare.

Does clicking on links in cmd.exe do anything useful?