Re: New regression test time

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: New regression test time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Dividing the tests into different sections is as simple as creating one
> schedule file per section.

Oh?  Huh.  I'd thought it would be much more complicated.  Well, by all
means, let's do it then.

I'm not personally convinced that the existing regression tests all
belong in the "default" section -- I think a lot of what we've chosen to
test or not test to date has been fairly arbitrary -- but we can tinker
with that later.

> I'm not at all resistant to it. In fact, of someone wants to set up
> separate sections and add new tests to the different sections I'll be
> more than happy to provide buildfarm support for it. Obvious candidates
> could include:
>
>  * code coverage
>  * bugs
>  * tests too big to run in everyday developer use

So we'd want codecoverage and codecoverage-parallel then, presumably,
for Robins tests?  Is there really a reason to supply a non-parallel
version?  Would we want to include the core tests in those?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.