Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 28/06/13 01:30, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I am coming to the conclusion that I should let new blood take over
> the postgresql driver. My lack of personal resources seems to be
> standing in the way of significant progress.
>
> Anyone interested in taking this on ?
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

[...]
I greatly appreciate the work you have done.

Also I agree what others are saying, please stay on - at least as a
leader or mentor.  There is a clear need for your driver going forward,
as stability and reliability are paramount.  Plus, even if Kevin's
driver suddenly was fully featured, it will take a while for it to
become sufficiently reliable as yours, and even longer for conservative
corporates to accept that.

It would be great if funding could be got for you to work full time on
JDBC drivers: yours for maintenance & some new features where
appropriate/feasible, and to help Kevin's driver development with your
depth of practical experience.  If wishes were horses...

Cheers,
Gavin