Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От dmp
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave the way this is going I do not think the main group supporting the
existing stable driver wish you to go. You appear to be the only one left
to provide input on the past knowledge base in its development. If you
wish to quit, I guess you can but perhaps some reorganization and some
help with the existing backlog of patches the current driver will be
supported by experience and be maintained.

The idea of having two versions allow the best of both new and old to
exist together. The old will be maintained and gradually require less
support. The new can be led by the group that have the passion to push
things forward.

I can not say for sure, but the thought of merging both a V1 & V2 in the
future would not be possible without a lot of work and coordination. Its
probably not worth it.

What should be done and a redesigned website can help facilitate this is
the bringing in the new V2 into the fold as the official standard for
Postgresql at some point in time. That may not occur for sometime as
indicated in the discussion.

danap.