Re: Improvement of checkpoint IO scheduler for stable transaction responses

От KONDO Mitsumasa
Тема Re: Improvement of checkpoint IO scheduler for stable transaction responses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2013/06/26 20:15), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

>> Write patch is effective in TPS!
>
> Your test results don't agree with that. You got 3465.96 TPS with the write
> patch, and 3474.62 and 3469.03 without it. The fsync+write combination got
> slightly more TPS than just the fsync patch, but only by about 1%, and then the
> response times were worse.
Please see result of DBT-2 more careful. Average latency in fsync+write was
improoved from only fsync patch. 90% tile and Maximum latency are not all of
result but only part of result in DBT-2. And Average and TPS are all of result.
Generally, when TPS become high in benchmark, checkpointer has to write more
pages. Therefore, 90%tile and Maximum are worse in this case, and it is general
in other benchmark tests.

Best regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)