Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/24/2013 04:02 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:

> WIth extension, we do have to set VPATH explicitely if we want to use VPATH
> (note that contribs/extensions must not care that postgresql has been built
> with or without VPATH set). My patches try to fix that.

No, this is exactly what I'm objecting to. I want to be able to do:
   invoke_vpath_magic   standard_make_commands_as_for_non_vpath

Your patches have been designed to overcome your particular issues, but
they don't meet the general case, IMNSHO. This is why I want to have
more discussion about how vpath builds could work for PGXS modules.

> So the point is to be able to do exactly that :
>
> $ mkdir /tmp/json_build && cd /tmp/json_build
> $ make USE_PGXS=1 -f /path/to/json_build/Makefile

It doesn't work:
   [andrew@emma vpath.json_build]$ PATH=../../inst.vpgxs.5706/bin:$PATH   make -f `pwd`/../json_build/Makefile   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   grep: json_build.control: No such file or directory   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   grep: json_build.control: No such file or directory   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   grep: json_build.control: No such file or directory   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   grep: json_build.control: No such file or directory   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   grep: json_build.control: No such file or directory   grep:
json_build.control:No such file or directory   gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wdeclaration-after-statement-Wendif-labels   -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing
-fwrapv-fexcess-precision=standard -g -fpic -shared -o   json_build.so  -L/home/pgl/npgl/inst.vpgxs.5706/lib
-Wl,--as-needed  -Wl,-rpath,'/home/pgl/npgl/inst.vpgxs.5706/lib',--enable-new-dtags   cp
/home/andrew/pgl/extns/vpath.json_build/../json_build/sql/json_build.sql  sql/json_build--.sql   cp: cannot create
regularfile `sql/json_build--.sql': No such file   or directory   make: *** [sql/json_build--.sql] Error 1
[andrew@emmavpath.json_build]$

cheers

andrew