Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От Bryan Varner
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> 3) Resistance
> When I introduced my project the longest discussion we had was about how
> it was packaged. I am using maven and hadn’t gotten around to having it
> make a single jar with dependencies. When I cleared up that indeed it
> would be a single jar, it then moved on to the idea that any third party
> library should be disallowed. In my view there were some that were
> looking for any reason that could be found to write off my work and
> leave the driver as is. The reason I wrote to the list, which I clearly
> stated then, was to introduce my project was to discuss how to include
> my work in the larger project and mainstream it in the long run; that
> discussion never happened. No decision makers ever bothered to take a
> look at my code and report back. All we did was discuss minutia. I came
> away with the distinct impression that I should just keep working on my
> project in isolation.

Kevin,

I'd like to apologize if my response [1] added to your impression.
Packaging the thing up with maven-shade-plugin would suffice for me. The
organizations I know of which would object to importing netty code
aren't a natural fit for F/OSS (and postgresql) anyhow.

In re-implementing the XA data source, it astounded me how many
completely non-technical arguments were 'blocking' it's incorporation.

Regards,
-Bryan Varner

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/513F797A.2060408@polarislabs.com