Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От Bryan Varner
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> Fair enough although 2 of them are yours...

Indeed. Like I said, this isn't meant in a 'condemning' manner.

> Well you posted it on a weekend, so I'd say 1 day really.

Fair enough.

>     * I got the distinct impression that this project consists of an
>     'old boys club' of developers who've worked on this project for a
>     long time. Outsiders seem to be treated in an almost hostile manner.
>

> Are you referring to the JDBC project or the postgresql project as a
> whole ?

This, the jdbc project.

> I would have to agree large changes are difficult to consume as we don't
> have the resources to review them, and the project is mainly in
> maintenance mode.

Well, if the project is in maintenance mode, how does it handle new JDBC
releases and is there a strategic goal for updating or EOLing specific
features / legacy JDBC versions or JDKs?

If there's no path 'forward' (or at least letting go of the past) then
we'll always have the same driver. Not that stability is a bad thing,
but I think there maybe some type of balance between maintaining what's
there and incrementally improving or retiring parts of the code base of
limited value.