[9.4 CF 1] Commitfest Week One

От Josh Berkus
Тема [9.4 CF 1] Commitfest Week One
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Current Stats:

Needs Review: 61, Waiting on Author: 19, Ready for Committer: 11,
Committed: 11, Returned with Feedback: 3, Rejected: 1

34 Patches are awaiting review, and do not have a reviewer assigned.

In the last week, 3 patches have moved to Ready for Committer and 3
patches have been committed.  10 patches have been reviewed and are
Waiting on Author, probably preparatory to moving to Returned with Feedback.

At the current review/commit rate, this commitfest will not conclude
until almost the end of July.  Time to pick up the pace, people!

For the first time, we have removed reviewers who did not post a review
in 5 days.  In the upcoming week, we will be moving patches which are
Waiting on Author to Returned with Feedback without further discussion,
if they have seen no activity for 5 or more days.  This means that you
can expect Review assignments on patches to be reasonably current.
Thank you so SO much to Mike Blackwell for help with this!

26 people who submitted patches have not claimed any patch for review.
More of this in an email of shame later.

Among the patches needing review, several will need a lot of attention
from committers, and should maybe be reviewed as soon as possible.
Those include:

* Extension Templates
* minmax indexes
* Auto-tuning checkpoint_segments

And then there's the assortment of WAL/Hint Bit patches, which will no
doubt have some toxic interactions: preserving forensic information,
performance improvement by reducing WAL, XLogInsert scaling, preserving
forensic information when we freeze, remove PD_ALL_VISIBLE.  These shoud
be addressed early so that we can work out the conflicts between them.

So, some progress, but more is needed.

--Josh Berkus
CommitFest Manager

--