Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 20/06/2013 13:45, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 06/20/2013 12:40 PM, gmb wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I just want to confirm something regarding UNNEST function used with arrays.
>> I cannot see that it is specifically mentioned in the documentation , but
>> maybe because it is obvious.
>>
>> Is the order of the result guaranteed to be the order of the array
> Order is never guaranteed unless you specify an ORDER BY clause.

I really think that the order should exactly reflect the order in the array.
Think of ARRAY as Relation + ORDER. Relation + Order gives an ARRAY,
ARRAY should give Relation *and* ORDER in return.

--
Achilleas Mantzios

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: gmb
Сообщение: Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: UNNEST result order vs Array data