Re: Success of PG Day France 2013

От damien clochard
Тема Re: Success of PG Day France 2013
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le 18/06/2013 19:35, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Damien,
>
>> With 115 registered attendees, we saw a 50% increase in registration
>> from last year. These numbers are extremely good, especially if you
>> think that on the very same week there was a big train workers strike
>> AND a big air traffic controllers strike (Bienvenue en France!...).
>> Without those 2 major strikes we would have gone even higher.
>
> Congratulations!  What's "strike" in French?

We say "grève" :)

Funny thing is that SNCF and DGAC, the two companies that where on
strike are both PostgreSQL users. There was even 2 employees of SNCF who
skipped the strike to attend the conference :)

> Wow, is the Tunisia user group back in operation?

I'm in contact with Karim Benabdallah (@karim2k) who is active in
Tunisia at least since 2005. He contacted me last month but I was busy
with the PG Day France at the time. Now that the french conference is
over, I intend get in touch with him and see how PostgreSQLFr can help
them. From the first messages we've exchanged, my understadning is that
TnPUG is back and they're serious about organizing a PG Day in Tunis.

Of course I will keep you updated when things move forward.

--
Damien

Сообщение: Re: Success of PG Day France 2013
Сообщение: Re: Success of PG Day France 2013