Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit,

> I think, the decision of name, we can leave to committer with below
> possibilities,
> as it is very difficult to build consensus on any particular name.
>
> Auto.conf
> System.auto.conf
> Postgresql.auto.conf
> Persistent.auto.conf

Reasons for "auto.conf" as a choice above all of the previous:

1) short
2) significantly different from "postgresql.conf"
3) near the beginning of the alphabet, so it should sort near the top if
there are other files in conf/ directory

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.