Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';
Дата
Re: SET work_mem = '1TB';  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> In truth, I hadn't realised somebody had added this to the CF. It was
> meant to be an exploration and demonstration that further work was/is
> required rather than a production quality submission. AFAICS it is
> still limited to '1 TB' only...

At the beginning of the CF, I do a sweep of patch files emailed to
-hackers and not in the CF.  I believe there were three such of yours,
take a look at the CF list.  Like I said, better to track them
unnecessarily than to lose them.

> Thank you both for adding to this patch. Since you've done that, it
> seems churlish of me to interrupt that commit.

Well, I think that someone needs to actually test doing a sort with,
say, 100GB of RAM and make sure it doesn't crash.  Anyone have a machine
they can try that on?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.