Re: Change authentication error message (patch)

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Change authentication error message (patch)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/16/2013 06:02 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Instead of pushing extra info to the logs I decided that we could
> without giving away extra details per policy. I wrote the error message
> in a way that tells the most obvious problems, without admitting to any
> of them. Please see attached:

+1 for solving this with a bit of word-smithing.

However, the proposed wording doesn't sound like a full sentence to my
ears, because a password or username cannot fail per-se.

How about:
"password authentication failed or account expired for user \"%s\""

It's a bit longer, but sounds more like a full sentence, no?

Regards

Markus Wanner