Re: [ODBC] Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: [ODBC] Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC
Дата
Re: [ODBC] Segmentation Fault in Postgres server when using psqlODBC  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
(2013/06/12 1:26), Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2013-06-11 19:20:57 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> On 11.06.2013 19:04, Joshua Berry wrote:
>>> Hiroshi Inoue has developed the attached patch to correct the issue that
>>> was  reported. More of the dialogue can be found in the pgsql-odbc list.
>>
>> I tried to follow that thread over at pgsql-odbc, but couldn't quite
>> understand what the problem is. Did you have a test program to reproduce it?
>> Or failing that, what is the sequence of protocol messages that causes the
>> problem?
>
> I'd guess creating a SQL level WITH HOLD cursor and then fetching that
> via the extended protocol, outside the transaction, should do the trick.

OK I made a test C program which reproduces the crash.
The program uses libpq and a hack.

I attached the program.
Please modify the connect operation suitable for your environment.
Note that the connection should be non-ssl.
Also add error checkings if needed.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Вложения