Re: JSON and unicode surrogate pairs

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: JSON and unicode surrogate pairs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/12/2013 08:42 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> If we work by analogy to Postgres' own handling of Unicode escapes,
> we'll raise an error on any Unicode escape beyond ASCII (not on input
> for legacy reasons, but on trying to process such datums). I gather that
> would meet your objection.

I could live with that if eager validation on input was the default, but
could be disabled by setting (say) compat_lazy_json_validation = on .
I don't like the idea of leaving us saddled with weak validation just
that's what we've got. It's been an ongoing source of pain as UTF-8
support has improved and I'd really like a way to avoid semi-valid JSON
making it into the DB and causing similar problems.