Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)

От Stefan Drees
Тема Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-06-11 19:45 CEST, Greg Smith wrote:
> On 6/11/13 12:22 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>
>> Personally I think this patch should go in regardless -- the concerns
>> made IMNSHO are specious.
>
> That's nice, but we have this process for validating whether features go
> in or not that relies on review instead of opinions.

;-) that's why I played with the test_fallocate.c, as it was easy to do
and I understood, the author (of the patch) wanted to trigger some
reviews ... I do not (yet) know anything about the core codes, so I
leave this to the hackers. My review result was, that with newer gcc's
you should specify an open mode flag as third argument of the fopen
call, as only with the test tool nothing important found.

Stefan.

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
От: Jon Nelson
Сообщение: Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)