Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Hard limit on WAL space used (because PANIC sucks)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/10/2013 04:42 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Actually we describe what archive_command needs to fulfill, and tell them
>> to use something that accomplishes that.  The example with cp is explicitly
>> given as an example, not a recommendation.
>
> If we offer cp as an example, we *are* recommending it.  If we don't
> recommend it, we shouldn't have it as an example.
>
> In fact, if we don't recommend cp, then PostgreSQL should ship with some
> example shell scripts for archive commands, just as we do for init scripts.

Not a bad idea. One that supports rsync and another that supports
robocopy. That should cover every platform we support.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc