Bad error message on valuntil

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Bad error message on valuntil
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I had a customer pulling their hair out today because they couldn't
login to their system. The error was consistently:

2013-06-07 08:42:44 MST postgres 10.1.11.67 27440 FATAL:  password
authentication failed for user "user

However the problem had nothing to do with password authentication. It
was because the valuntil on the user had been set till a date in the
past. Now technically if we just removed the word "password" from the
error it would be accurate but it seems it would be better to say,
"FATAL: the user "user" has expired".

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--