Re: pg_rewind, a tool for resynchronizing an old master after failover

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pg_rewind, a tool for resynchronizing an old master after failover
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm not a lawyer and I make no judgement on how solid a practice this
>> is but that's VMware doesn't seem to be doing anything special here.
>> They can retain copyright ownership of their contributions as long as
>> they're happy releasing it under the Postgres copyright. Ideally they
>> wold also be happy with a copyright notice that includes all of the
>> PGDG just to reduce the maintenance headache.

Many other projects also take this approach: Linux Kernel, Drizzle, etc.There's some legal advantages, as well as
disadvantages,in having the

copyright rest with the original contributors.  Mostly, it prevents
relicensing of the whole project.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.