Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Performance bug in prepared statement binding in 9.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> When you say interactively, does it mean that you are using psql to test the same?

Yes.  Of course, on the psql command line, there's no separate BIND
step, just PREPARE and EXECUTE.

> From the changes, it doesn't seem that any of such changes can cause the problem you have seen.

No, but clearly in this case something is broken.

> Do you think it can be due to
> a. JDBC - communication, encoding or some other changes
> b. can we assume that plans generated for all statements are same, if not it might have some cost for query plan
initialization(InitPlan) but again it should not be that big cost.

I don't think we can assume that, no.

> How do measure  individual bind time cost (is the cost of only server side or it includes client bind or ..)?

From the PostgreSQL activity log.  BIND gets logged separately.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Marti Raudsepp
Сообщение: Re: Evaluating query performance with caching in PostgreSQL 9.1.6
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Best practice when reindexing in production