Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/30/13 8:02 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> If there's some OS out
> there that chooses to fill the pre-extended pages with 0x55 or cat
> /dev/urandom instead of 0x00, they probably deserve what they get.

Even that wouldn't be a problem for our purpose.  The only problem would
be if you can't read from the allocated region at all.

Сообщение: Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
Сообщение: Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)