Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Shared responsibility is no-one's responsibility. If we are to have
> multiple CF managers, I think it would be good to have one who's mainly
> responsible, and the second one's job is to nag the first manager if
> ernothing happens, and quickly take over if necessary. Ie. a hot standby
> arrangement, rather than two equal CF managers.

Because, of course, we have zero experience coordinating tasks with
other contributors over the internet.

I agree that one CFM needs to be "senior" (there's a lot of judgement
calls involved) but I don't agree that CFM needs to be a single-threaded
task.

Speaking of which, I still need a backup CFM for CF1. Any volunteers?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.